Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Read the Bible in 8 weeks (40 work days)!

I have found a blog to help us do an entire reading of the Scriptures in 9 weeks (end of 2011).
http://faithbyhearing.wordpress.com/category/8-weeks-thru-the-bible/
The guy who did it broke it down this way:
"Beginning next week I will be starting an 8 week trek through my favorite audio Bible, Max McLean’s Listener’s Bible in ESV.  There are 1186 chapters, and McLean’s Bible audio version is almost 75 hours long. Over 8 weeks this breaks down to roughly 9 hours 20 minutes per week, 1 hour 50 minutes per day, which means 55 minutes each commute. That easily fits into my 1 hour 15 minute commute.
I project that my progress will look something like this:
Week 1: Genesis – Numbers
Week 2: Deuteronomy – 2 Samuel
Week 3: 1 Kings – Nehemiah
Week 4: Esther – Psalms
Week 5: Proverbs – Isaiah
Week 6: Jeremiah – Hosea
Week 7: Joel – Luke
Week 8: John – Revelation
There’s nothing quite like immersing yourself in the spoken word for an intense duration. The picture of God’s Word that emerges is priceless. I encourage you to join me on this trek."

From my experience, reading it with an audio Bible helps stay on track (speed) and focused.
If you would like a downloaded mp3 files of the NIV please let me know and I can give them to you.
Or there are several ways you can do this through online resources (i.e. Podcasts, online streaming, online downloads).
This time I am going to slowdown and read at a normal pace (versus reading it with the audio Bible sped up 3 times! to do it in 4 days) for 8 weeks. And I will post a blog every week to keep us on track (I will mainly use the format from the blog I shared earlier).

I pray that you will be blessed through this project!


Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.  Psalm 119:165 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment